Are you looking for things to do on West Palm Beach? Then you have come to the right place!
West Palm Beach is one of the most well-known cities in Florida. There are plenty of amazing things to do on West Palm Beach, so if you’re planning to give it a visit, carry on reading to find out all about them.
- Tourism at West Palm Beach- overview
- Why visit West Palm Beach?
- Where is West Palm Beach?
- Is West Palm Beach dangerous?
- The best places to stay near West Palm Beach
- West Palm Beach- things to pack
- The best things to do on West Palm Beach
- Things to do on West Palm Beach – Conclusion
Tourism at West Palm Beach- overview
Tourism at West Palm Beach is very popular for plenty of reasons. There are a lot of things to see and do that interest all types of tourists from around the world. For instance, some things that attract tourists are the International Polo Club, Rapid Water Park, and The Square.
The main airport is the Palm Beach International Airport (PBI), located west of the city. It mainly serves domestic flights around the USA. However, it does have routes to Canada also. A water taxi is another popular way to get around West Palm Beach, as it is a waterfront city. These water taxis are a very interesting way to get around, and they are also very affordable and popular with tourists.
More than 7.3 million people visit West Palm Beach each year and spend around $4.6 billion – this is a massive amount and helps support over 66,000 jobs in tourism. There is something for everyone to enjoy at West Palm Beach, so go and give it a visit!
Why visit West Palm Beach?
Why visit West Palm Beach? You should visit West Palm Beach for many different reasons, as it has something to offer all types of tourists. For instance, if you’re someone who prefers to vacation in a city, then West Palm Beach is perfect for that – and it even has beaches for you to make use of if you do like the beach.
West Palm Beach has plenty of history to learn about and understand, especially as the origins of West Palm Beach can be traced back all the way to 1513 and has since grown by a huge amount and had lots of significant things happen.
There is also a wide range of activities and things to do on West Palm Beach that almost everyone will be sure to enjoy, so keep on reading to find out more!
Where is West Palm Beach?
Where is West Palm Beach? West Palm Beach is located in the south of Florida. It is just an hour away from Fort Lauderdale and 2.5 hours away from Orlando. Due to its location, West Palm Beach has a tropical rainforest climate, and the hottest months are usually July and August, where temperatures are around 94.4°F (34.6°C).
Is West Palm Beach dangerous?
Is West Palm Beach dangerous? West Palm Beach is actually safer than other cities of the same size. The two safest neighbourhoods in West Palm Beach are Pineapple Park-Ibis and River Walk, so if you’re very safety conscious, it’s advised to stay in one of those areas. Overall, the rate of crime in West Palm Beach is 37.7 per 1000 residents, and the Northwest is generally the location with the less crime. However, it’s important to stay alert at all times, wherever you are.
The best places to stay near West Palm Beach
There are plenty of great places to stay on West Palm Beach. Use the map below to search for accommodation in West Palm Beach on your travel dates or keep scrolling for my personal recommendations.
- La Quinta Inn by Wyndham West Palm Beach – This is a great budget-friendly place to stay when visiting West Palm Beach. There is an outdoor pool for guests to use, free WiFi and a buffet breakfast served every day. Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV, a coffee machine and a private bathroom, making it great value for money.
- WoodSpring Suites – Each room at this hotel offers a private bathroom, cable TV, and free parking or guests to use if they have driven. The hotel is perfectly located near all the major attractions, such as being only 9.9 miles from the port of Palm Beach! It is a great place to stay if you just want something basic and secure.
- Pioneer Inn – Located close to all the shops and attractions, this hotel is a great place to stay if you’re on a budget. There is a flat-screen TV in each room, a private bathroom, and fresh bed linen and towels are also provided. Additionally, there is also a 24-hour front desk to help you if you need anything.
- Hilton West Palm Beach – Offering a gorgeous outdoor swimming pool, free WiFi, an on-site bar and an authentic grill house, guests will be sure to enjoy their stay at this hotel. In each room, there is a flat-screen TV, an en-suite, a comfortable seating area and a small refrigerator. There is even a free shuttle service and a gift shop available.
- Tropical Garden Bungalow – Situated in the heart of West Palm Beach, this bungalow is in a great location with plenty of attractions and shops close by. There are free bikes and free parking for guests to make use of, as well as a stunning garden and outdoor pool. There are 2 bedrooms and one bathroom, complete with free toiletries and a fully equipped kitchen.
- Springhill Suites by Marriott West Palm Beach – Every room at this hotel features free WiFi, a flat-screen cable TV, and a kitchenette to make meals in. Every morning, a buffet breakfast and free coffee are available to help start the day right, and there is even a gym and an outdoor pool to enjoy.
West Palm Beach- things to pack
What to pack for visiting West Palm Beach? If you’re heading to West Palm Beach, don’t forget to pack these essential items:
- Legendary Locals of West Palm Beach – If you want to brush up on your knowledge of West Palm Beach, then this informative book has it all! Inside, it covers all of the most famous people who have lived on West Palm Beach – and it might even inspire you to visit some of the iconic locations listed too. It’s definitely a must-read if you’re visiting West Palm Beach and you’re interested in history.
- One Piece Women’s Swimming Costume – This beautiful swimming costume is essential when visiting West Palm Beach as it’s really likely that you will want to go swimming whilst you’re there. It is made from high-quality, fast-drying material and comes in a wide range of colours and patterns to choose from.
- Welcome to Florida Children’s Book – Keep the kids entertained with this bright and cheerful children’s book all about Florida! They will learn about all the animals that are native to Florida, food that they can try, Florida’s customs and much more. It is brilliantly illustrated and will keep them busy and learning at the same time.
- Neutrogena Clear Face SPF 50 Sunscreen – The Florida sun can be very strong, so try to keep the risk of sunburn down with this quality SPF 50 sunscreen. It is fragrance-free and won’t cause breakouts, as it is also oil-free and recommended by dermatologists. What’s more, is that it is even water resistant, so you can go swimming and not have to worry!
The best things to do on West Palm Beach
There are so many amazing things to do on West Palm Beach. Here is my breakdown-
Fun things to do on West Palm Beach
Are there any fun things to do on West Palm Beach? There are plenty of fun things on West Palm Beach, have a look at some of the best:
- Jupiter Island Lunch Cruise -This lunch cruise is the perfect way to experience what West Palm Beach has to offer. On board the boat, you will pass many famous sites, such as the lighthouse, and even some celebrities’ homes, such as Tiger Woods. There is also the chance to spot wildlife, such as dolphins and manatees, who enjoy swimming alongside the boat. The lunch that is served is very tasty, and there are even vegetarian options also.
- Singer Island Paddle Boarding Eco Adventure Tour – Paddle Boarding is such a fun thing to do, especially as West Palm Beach offers gorgeous views and stunning water to do it in. This tour is perfect for those who are interested in sustainable tourism as it’s a very environmentally-friendly way to learn about the area, and your tour guide knows all about the environment and the local ecosystem.
- West Palm Beach Airboat Rides Everglades Tours West Palm Beach – No trip to Florida is complete without an airboat Everglades tour! On this tour, you will cruise along the Everglades and hopefully come across some alligators lurking in the water. Each airboat ride is completely private, and your guide will be sure to inform you of everything you need to know and be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Things to do on West Palm Beach with kids
What are some things to do on West Palm Beach with kids? Kids will be sure to love these fantastic things to do on West Palm Beach:
- Rapids Water Park – Florida’s Premiere Family Water Park – There’s no better water park in West Palm Beach than Rapid Water Park. Here, there are plenty of things to do for everyone, such as great water rides for all to enjoy, lots of amazing places to eat serving delicious and affordable food, and plenty of shops if you’d rather do some shopping. It is definitely one of the best things to do on West Palm Beach for kids!
- Jupiter Half-Day Fishing Excursion – This family-friendly fishing excursion is a great way to spend some quality relaxing time with kids. On the exclusion, they will get the chance to learn all about the many different types of fish that are able to be caught on West Palm Beach. In addition to this, all of the equipment is provided, and the excursion is great for people with fishing abilities of all levels.
- Diva Duck Amphibious Tours – The Diva Duck Amphibious tours are a fantastic way for kids to be entertained whilst learning all about West Palm Beach at the same time. These buses go on both land and water, making it a great way to see all of what West Palm Beach has to offer. What’s more is that the tours are very affordable, making it a great choice for the whole family to enjoy.
Things to do on West Palm Beach for adults
What are some good things to do on West Palm Beach for adults? If you’re looking for some great things to do on West Palm Beach for adults, then these might be for you:
- West Palm Beach Sunset Cruise – Relax and enjoy the beautiful sunset casting gorgeous colours in the sky over West Palm Beach on this cruise. The cruise has everything you need onboard for an amazing evening, such as a bar and music playing. Furthermore, you might even spot some wildlife, such as dolphins, who love to swim close by!
- Half-Day Deep-Sea Fishing at Riviera Beach – If you love to fish, then this half-day deep-sea fishing tour is perfect for you. All of the equipment and fishing licences are provided, so all that you have to do is relax and focus on the fish that you can catch. Onboard, all of the crew are very experienced, meaning that this is even perfect for beginners who want to get into fishing.
- Party Bike Tour on Clematis Street, Downtown West Palm Beach – This party bike tour is a very fun and different way to learn all about West Palm Beach. It guarantees some amazing memories and very unique photos as you tour West Palm Beach in a way unlike many others have done before. Additionally, you’ll even get to choose the music you want to party along to whilst you see some of the most iconic sites in West Palm Beach.
Things to do on West Palm Beach at night
Is there anything to do on West Palm Beach at night? West Palm Beach has lots to offer, even during the night! Check out these top things to do on West Palm Beach at night:
- West Palm Beach Downtown Food Tourism Experience – There are not many better ways to spend a night on West Palm Beach than experiencing all the tasty food the local restaurants have to offer. On this tour, you will discover delicious food that you’ve never even heard of and try all of the famous foods that people travel miles to West Palm Beach to try.
- West Palm Beach Downtown Happy Hour Tour – If you love to drink, then this Happy Hour tour will be the highlight of your night. It’s one of the best things to do on West Palm Beach at night if you’re looking for great value for money and if you want to get to know all of the best spots to drink. Food and drink are included, and so is a local guide, so you know that you’re in safe hands.
- Palm Beach Improv – If you want a night full of laughs, then head to Palm Beach Improv, which is a comedy theatre featuring a wide range of performances. There’s a show for almost everyone to enjoy, and there are shows almost nightly, meaning that if you’re feeling spontaneous, you can usually buy on the door. In addition to this, there is also a great bar to enjoy at the same time.
Weird things to do on West Palm Beach
What are some weird things to do on West Palm Beach? If you’re in the mood for something a little bit weird and random to do on West Palm Beach, have a look at these:
- West Palm Beach Small-Group Bulk Candy Store Tour – If you love candy, then you’ll love a visit to Bulk Candy Store! This candy store is like something from a dream. You’ll get to learn all about how candy is made, and you’ll even get the chance to try and make some too. If this hasn’t convinced you just yet – you will also get to take home lots of candy with you also, how can you say no to that?
- Full-Day Private Experience Wellness Program in Palm Beach – This is one of the more unusual things to do on West Palm Beach as many people wouldn’t equate a wellness retreat with West Palm Beach – however, this one is perfect if you need to spend a few hours to yourself. You will get to experience nature and animals to help you relax, and also have a coaching session and a nutritious lunch to help fuel your day.
- Flagler Museum – Flagler Museum is a 75-room Gilded Age mansion that now hosts a lot of different events and even has a fantastic art gallery to observe. The history of the museum is a bit strange, but that’s also a part of the fun, as you will learn all about how it came to be. It is listed as a National Historic Landmark, and there aren’t many other buildings as impressive as this one – so go and give it a go!
Cool things to do on West Palm Beach
What are some cool things to do on West Palm Beach? If you’re looking for some cool things to do on West Palm Beach, check these out:
- Jupiter Clear Kayak Tour – There’s not much else that is as cool as a clear kayak, which allows you to get some amazing photos and see everything beneath you as you row through the water. This tour will take you to all of the best locations, and you might even see some sweet manatees in the water too – which is an experience you will remember for a lifetime. Furthermore, you will also have the opportunity to learn all about the local ecosystem and see West Palm Beach from a different perspective.
- Palm Beach Private Snorkelling Lessons and Tour – If you’re interested in sealife and the natural wonders that the ocean has to offer, then snorkelling will be one of the best things to do on West Palm Beach for you. This activity will allow you to get up close and personal with many different types of sea creatures and fish. Don’t worry if you’ve never been snorkelling before, as you will be taught all about how to do it to allow you to have the best time possible.
- Palm Beach Parasailing at Riviera Beach – Parasailing has to be one of the coolest things that anyone can do. What’s better than the wind flowing through your hair as you soar high above the ocean, taking in stunning views? Not much! You definitely won’t regret going parasailing on West Palm Beach as it’s one of the best places to do parasailing.
Other things to do on West Palm Beach
What are some other things to do on West Palm Beach? Don’t forget to have a look at some of these other great things to do on West Palm Beach:
- Palm Beach Sightseeing Tour – There’s no better way to explore West Palm Beach than on this sightseeing tour. Groups are very small, making them feel more personal, and you’ll have the chance to ask your guide even more questions. Additionally, you will learn about all the history on West Palm Beach and about all the hidden gems that it has to offer.
- Mornings in the Market Food Tour – If you’re a foodie, then this food market tour is ideal for you! You will have to opportunity to learn all about the wide range of tasty food that is available on West Palm Beach, and you might even discover something new that you will love also. All the food and drink is provided, so you will leave on a full stomach and, hopefully, some new knowledge about West Palm Beach’s food industry.
Things to do on West Palm Beach – Conclusion
After reading this post, you’ve hopefully been inspired to do some of the great things to do on West Palm Beach, and can see how much it has to offer! Which things to do on West Palm Beach look the most interesting to you? Have I missed anything that you believe deserves to be on this list? Let me know by commenting down below! If you’d like to read some more similar articles, then this is what I’d recommend: