(Last updated on: 19/12/2022)
What are the best things to do in Florida Clearwater? Florida Clearwater is located just west of Tampa and borders the gulf of Mexico. It is a bustling city with plenty of fun things to do to suit everyone. If you’re thinking of planning a trip to Florida Clearwater, then check out these amazing things to do in Florida Clearwater!
- Tourism in Florida Clearwater
- Is Clearwater worth visiting?
- The best places to stay in Florida Clearwater
- Florida Clearwater- essential packing list
- The best things to do in Florida Clearwater
- Things to do in Florida Clearwater – Conclusion
Tourism in Florida Clearwater
Tourism in Florida Clearwater is very popular for tourists, mainly domestic tourists who want a weekend getaway or a full-on vacation. There are plenty of beaches in and around Clearwater to relax on, and the temperatures in summer can reach around 80-90°F, making it a great choice for tourists who like warm weather. Even in the winter months, Florida Clearwater is moderately still warm, with temperatures around 71°F in January.
The annual Clearwater Jazz Holiday also attracts tourism in Florida Clearwater, as jazz lovers from all across the world travel to attend the infamous jazz celebration. There are always great jazz artists that perform, and plenty of great food and drink to be enjoyed at the same time. Tourists can even join in on the fun and learn some jazz music if they feel like it and join events put on by some great jazz musicians, such as question times and workshops.
Is Clearwater worth visiting?
Is Clearwater worth visiting? Clearwater is definitely worth visiting if you’re the type of tourist who loves both a city and a beach break, as Clearwater has both. Additionally, there is a lot of history to learn all about in Clearwater, such as the civil war, in which the residents of Clearwater played a big part in. If you’re a lover of all things art and culture, then Clearwater is very well-known for its theatre, Capitol Theatre, which was built in 1921. Furthermore, it has great nightlife if you’re into dining out or partying, and it’s also a great destination for family vacations, as there’s a lot that children will find entertaining. There are so many great things to do in Clearwater, so keep reading to find out all about them later on in this post.
The best places to stay in Florida Clearwater
There are many great places to stay in Florida Clearwater. Check available accommodation on your travel dates using the map below or keep reading for my personal recommendations.
- Terrace Garden Inn – This hotel is excellent value for money if you’re on a budget and looking for somewhere to stay in Florida Clearwater. There is a great continental breakfast served fresh for guests every morning, an outdoor pool, two tennis courts, shuffleboards and BBQ facilities on-site. Additionally, there is free WiFi, a cable TV, a coffee machine and a desk in each room.
- Tropical Palms Hotel – Featuring a large outdoor pool to cool down in, an on-site restaurant, a laundrette and a shuttle bus facility, this hotel is a great option to stay if you want something simple but high quality. Every room comes with a cable TV, coffee machine, refrigerator and a private bathroom.
- Rodeway Inn – Located ideally near Clearwater Beach, Rodeway Inn is a great choice of accommodation to stay in whilst visiting Florida Clearwater. There is free parking, free calls to local areas, free coffee, a games room, and an outdoor picnic area. Furthermore, there is also high-speed internet, a coffee machine, a microwave and a refrigerator in each room.
- SureStay Hotel – Boasting fantastic, spacious rooms, SureStay Hotel has plenty of great features for guests to enjoy to ensure their time in Florida Clearwater is perfect. It is located just minutes away from beautiful beaches, and there are also plenty of shops and restaurants to dine in nearby. Every room has high-speed WiFi, an en-suite, a coffee machine, flatscreen TV, and some even feature a seating area.
- Howard Johnson by Wyndham – Each room is modernly decorated and features a microwave, a refrigerator, free WiFi, and cable TV. At the hotel, there is an outdoor pool for every guest to enjoy, a free grab-and-go breakfast, a sun terrace and meeting and banquet facilities, making it a great choice for even business travellers.
- La Quinta by Wyndham – This accommodation provides a large outdoor pool, free parking for guests, a continental breakfast, a fitness centre and even a hot tub! There is a flat-screen TV in each room, along with a microwave, refrigerator, and an en-suite with luxury amenities to pamper yourself with.
- Courtyard St. Petersburg – A stay at this accommodation is a perfect choice for those who want a stress-free experience. There is a 24-hour front desk, workspaces, a bar, a bistro and high-speed internet. Additionally, each room is equipped with a coffee machine, a work desk, a large en-suite bathroom, a refrigerator and a microwave.
- Tropical Inn & Suites – Offering an outdoor pool, free WiFi, free parking, and beautiful garden views, guests will certainly enjoy their time at Tropical Inn & Suites. Every room comes with a flat-screen TV, a desk, a private bathroom with free toiletries, and some rooms even come with a fully equipped kitchenette to make use of. It’s a great choice to stay at whilst enjoying all the things to do in Florida Clearwater.
- The Karol Hotel – Boasting luxurious modern rooms, every guest will not regret their choice of staying at The Karol Hotel. In every room, guests will find a flat-screen TV, a comfortable seating area, stunning views of the landscape and an en-suite with luxury amenities. There is also a gorgeous sun terrace to relax on and a large outdoor swimming pool to have a dip in.
Florida Clearwater- essential packing list
What to pack for a visit to Florida Clearwater? If you’re visiting Florida Clearwater, then don’t forget to pack these essential items:
- DOULAFASS Swimming Costume – When you’re visiting Florida, then having a swimming costume is a must! This swimming costume is absolutely stunning and will help you feel confident as it’s very flattering and designed to accentuate your features. It’s made from high-quality materials and is also fast drying, so you won’t have to worry about anything else getting wet once you get changed.
- Lonely Planet Florida – If you’re visiting Florida Clearwater, then it can be a good idea to read through this thorough Lonely Planet guide, where you can learn all about the hidden gems that Florida has to offer. It also features great planning guides to help you plan your vacation to be the best it can possibly be.
- Mini Handheld Portable Fan – As Florida Clearwater can be very warm, it’s a good idea to have this handheld portable fan with you at all times, because it will come in handy! It’s rechargeable and works for up to 13 hours on a single charge; furthermore, it also has 4 different speed settings, so even in the hottest heat, it will cool you down.
- Criss Cross Ponytail Hat – If you have long hair, then you know how annoying it can be when it’s very hot and humid out. Luckily, this hat helps you tie your hair up and keeps it out of your face whilst protecting you from the sun – meaning you don’t need to make any sacrifices.
The best things to do in Florida Clearwater
There are many cool things to do in Florida Clearwater, here are my top picks-
Unusual things to do in Florida Clearwater
What are some unusual things to do in Florida Clearwater? Check out these unusual things to do in Florida Clearwater if you want to experience something different:
- Clearwater Beach Small-Group Tiki Float Cruise – This tiki float cruise is the ideal thing to do if you’re looking for something unusual. It is a fantastic way to experience Clearwater Beach, and there is a wide range of drinks to choose from – you can also even bring your own! There is a Bluetooth speaker, meaning you can choose what you want to listen to, and the whole experience is relaxing as you float out at sea with nobody else around.
- Ghost and History Tour – If you’re a lover of history and interested in ghost stories, then this Ghost and History Tour is definitely a must-do! You will learn all about the ghosts that are said to haunt the buildings surrounding Florida Clearwater, and you’ll even get your own paranormal hunting equipment to help assist you on the tour. It’s definitely worth a few hours of your time, especially if you’re into paranormal activity and want to learn about the city from a different perspective.
- Flyboarding Adventure with 1 on 1 Coaching – Flyboarding is a very fun activity that not many have ever had the chance to try, so why not give it a go? You will be taught how to operate the Flyboard by a friendly instructor who will be happy to assist you every step of the way if you need. Additionally, there are lifevests and free wetsuits provided, meaning all you have to focus on is having a good time!
Things to do in Florida Clearwater for kids
Are there any things to do in Florida Clearwater for kids? Florida Clearwater is a very kid-friendly destination, and they’ll love these great things to do:
- Clearwater Bay, Gulf Coast Dolphin-Watching Cruise – There’s no better way to see dolphins than in the wild, so if you’re looking for something that will guarantee memories for a lifetime, this dolphin-watching cruise is a great choice. Kids will be amazed when they see dolphins swimming along the boat, and they will learn so much about their habitat and lifestyle in an inspiring way – it may even inspire a future career choice for them! There are multiple departure times throughout the day to suit everyone’s needs.
- Tampa Bay Formula 1 Race Car Grand Prix Simulator Experience – Kids will absolutely love this Formula 1 simulator as they get to experience the thrill of zooming around in a race car. They will get to feel the acceleration and G-force that real Formula 1 drivers spend years training for – all in a safe environment. It’ll be sure to put a smile on their faces and leave them wanting more.
- Clearwater Private Pirate Ship Escape Room – This challenging pirate ship escape room will definitely get the kid’s brains working hard whilst they have fun at the same time. During this escape room, communication and teamwork will be vital in order to solve all of the clues and win the prize, meaning it’s one of the best things to do in Florida Clearwater for kids if you want something that will teach them skills whilst they enjoy themselves.
Things to do in Florida Clearwater for adults
What are some things to do in Florida Clearwater for adults? If you’re an adult, then Florida Clearwater has lots of interesting things for you to enjoy, have a look at what I’d recommend:
- The Tour and Wine Tasting Experience at Aspirations Winery – If you’re a wine lover, then this wine-tasting experience will be something that you’ll be sure to enjoy. In total, you will taste 5 glasses of different wines, and at the end, you will get to take home your very own wine glass and wine bottle of the one you enjoyed the most. Additionally, you will also get to try different cheese boards and other food at the same time.
- Small-Group Historic Bike Tour – This small-group historic bike tour is perfect for adults who love history and love being outdoors. All of the bicycle equipment is provided, and the terrain is mostly flat throughout the entire tour, which means that even in the Floridian heat, the tour will still be enjoyable. Furthermore, as the groups are small, you will also get the chance to ask the guide more questions and learn all about the interesting history surrounding Florida Clearwater.
- Clearwater Inshore Fishing Charter – There are not many better places to go fishing than in Florida Clearwater, as there are so many different types of fish to be caught! This inshore fishing charter will take you out to the best fishing location in Clearwater, where you’ll get to catch different types of fish, such as redfish, trout and cobia. All the fishing equipment is provided, and licences are also handled, making it a relaxing experience for all who wish to participate.
Romantic things to do in Florida Clearwater
What are some romantic things to do in Florida Clearwater? If you’re looking for something romantic to do with your significant other, then you should have a look at these romantic things to do that make great date ideas:
- Tampa Bay Private Helicopter Tour – A flight on a private helicopter is one of the most romantic things to do in Florida Clearwater, as you’ll both get to enjoy breathtaking views on this once-in-a-lifetime tour. You’ll be provided with a glass of wine to enjoy throughout the flight and may even get to see sharks and rays swimming in the water from above. Additionally, you will get to choose the time of day you want to fly around – so choosing a sunset flight would make it even more romantic.
- Clearwater, Gulf Coast Double-Decker Catamaran Sunset Cruise – You can’t get more romantic than a sunset cruise for you and your partner to enjoy. This peaceful cruise will include some champagne to help the evening be even more romantic, and your captain will do a commentary about the history of the area – you might even spot some wildlife in the water too! On board, there is a bar and other food to purchase if you wish.
- Private Photo Session with a Local Photographer – Keep your memories of Florida Clearwater for a lifetime with this private photography session. Your friendly local photographer will show you all the best photo locations in Florida Clearwater and capture stunning photographs of you and your significant other. There is also a satisfaction guarantee, meaning that if you dislike your photographs, then you can claim your money back – but I’m sure you’ll love them as the photographers are highly-skilled!
Cool things to do in Florida Clearwater
What are some cool things to do in Florida Clearwater? There are plenty of cool things to do in Florida Clearwater, here are some of the coolest:
- Calypso Queen Tropical Party Buffet Cruise – This tropical party boat cruise is one of the coolest things to do in Florida Clearwater if you want a great party atmosphere! There is an open bar which instantly makes it great value for money, as well as a DJ that will play all of the best hits. What’s more, is that there is also a delicious buffet included, meaning that you and other guests will have a fantastic evening of eating, drinking and dancing to your heart’s content!
- Clearwater Drag Racing Experience – If you love to get your heart racing, then this drag racing experience will be a great choice to do in Florida Clearwater. You’ll get to reach speeds of up to 100mph as you race against others on the race track. There is a helmet provided and a full safety briefing before, so once you reach the track, you can hit the gas! It’s guaranteed fun for everyone involved!
- Guided 60-Minute Jet Ski Ride in Clearwater – Jet skiing in Florida Clearwater is a must for anyone who visits as the atmosphere is stunning. This guided jet ski ride will mean that you’ll get to explore things untouched by anyone else, such as islands and waterways. You might even get the chance to spot wildlife swimming past you! The ride can be adjusted depending on how mild or extreme you want it, making it a great choice for just about everyone.
Things to do in Florida Clearwater at night
Is there anything to do in Florida Clearwater at night? Florida Clearwater has plenty of great nighttime things to do, these are the ones I’d recommend the most:
- 2 Hour Sunset and Night Guided Kayak Tour – There are not really many better things to do in Florida Clearwater at night than this guided kayak tour, which will let you experience the nature that Florida Clearwater has to offer. The stars will sparkle above you as you kayak through the shallows whilst you wait to see hundreds of bats fly above you, which is unlike anything you will have ever seen before. It’s a great choice if you’re into nature tourism and want a unique experience at night.
- Self-guided Tour in Clearwater Beach Bars: Enjoy Free and Discounted Drinks – If you’re into drinking, then Florida Clearwater has a great bar scene for you to explore and enjoy. This self-guided tour will take you to all of the best bars in Florida Clearwater, and you’ll even get up to $135 worth of free drinks and discounts to make use of. It’s one of the best things to do in Florida Clearwater at night if you want to discover amazing places – and get good value for your money!
- Bar Tiki – This bar is the perfect place to relax at night after a long day of exploring. There are plenty of options on the menu to choose from, such as volcano bowls and delicious cocktails, with some even served in pineapples – yes, you heard that right! Additionally, there are even events on such as live music. It’s a taste of paradise in Florida Clearwater that shouldn’t be missed!
Things to do in Florida Clearwater – Conclusion
After reading this post, you’ve hopefully been inspired to go and explore some of the fabulous things to do in Florida Clearwater! Which were your favourite things to do in Florida Clearwater, if you’ve been before? Which do you want to do the most? I’d love to know! If you liked this post and would like some further reading, then this is what I’d recommend: