The best things to do in Jacksonville Florida
29th January, 2023
What are the best things to do in Jacksonville Florida? Jacksonville is the most populous city in the state of Florida – which means that there are so many great things to do for almost everyone! If you’re lucky enough to be visiting Jacksonville, then read on to find out about all the best things to do in Jacksonville Florida.
- Tourism in Jacksonville Florida- overview
- Is Jacksonville Florida worth visiting?
- Where to stay in Jacksonville Florida
- Jacksonville Florida- packing list
- The best things to do in Jacksonville Florida
- The best things to do in Jacksonville Florida – Conclusion
Tourism in Jacksonville Florida- overview
Jacksonville is located in Florida and is the perfect place to visit for tourists who like cities as well as beaches – as there are over 22 miles of sandy coastline to explore.
Here are some fascinating facts about tourism in Jacksonville Florida:
- Jacksonville receives around 22 million overnight and day trippers annually – which is a massive amount!
- On average, around 28,000 people stay in Jacksonville every night, so make sure you book your accommodation early.
- Jacksonville makes around $10.4 million per day from tourism!
- Tourism in Jacksonville has helped support around 50,000 jobs.
So as you can see, Jacksonville is a very popular destination for both inbound and domestic tourists and is a very successful destination in terms of tourism. This is because there are lots to offer for all different types of tourism – for instance, there are lots of conference centres for business tourism, plenty of activities for families on vacation visiting for leisure tourism and vast amounts of nature for those who love nature tourism. Keep reading to learn more about this fabulous area and all about the best things to do in Jacksonville Florida….
Is Jacksonville Florida worth visiting?
Is Jacksonville Florida worth visiting? Jacksonville is definitely worth visiting as it has so much to offer! It has so much culture, such as lots of parks, world-class fishing spots, interesting museums, creative cuisine, historic neighbourhoods and lots of craft beer! And of course there are all of the best things to do in Jacksonville Florida that make this post!
Jacksonville is also very easy to visit. There is an airport known as Jacksonville International Airport (JAX), which provides non-stop flights to more than 30 major U.S. cities and has around 140 daily arrivals and departures. It is also a great place if you’re road-tripping America, as Jacksonville is less than a day’s drive from major destinations such as Atlanta, Charlotte, Charleston and Birmingham.
The weather in Jacksonville is very good year-round. In fact, there are, on average, 270 days of sunshine per year – making it a great place to visit if you want somewhere sunny! The hottest months are July and August, when it reaches around 91- 73°F (33- 23°C). The coldest months are December and January when it is around 66 – 44°F (19 – 7°C). Therefore, it’s great to visit at almost anytime during the year – it just matters what type of weather you prefer the most.
Where to stay in Jacksonville Florida
If you are looking for the best things to do in Jacksonville Florida then you will surely also want to know the best places to stay in Jacksonville Florida, right? Here are my top picks-
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites – This hotel is excellent value for money! There is free WiFi in every room, a breakfast bar, a heated indoor and outdoor pool, as well as free parking and a shuttle for guests. In every room, there is a cable TV, microwave and fridge for guests to make use of. It is also in a great location – as it’s only 20-minutes away from Jacksonville centre.
- Comfort Inn & Suites – Located only a few minutes away from all the major attractions of Jacksonville, this is a perfect place to stay. There are lots of great facilities for guests to make use of, such as an outdoor pool, business centre, on-site restaurant, fitness centre and many more. Every morning, a continental breakfast is served to help guests start the day right!
- Emerson Inn – Every room at Emerson Inn includes a flat-screen cable TV, private bathroom, microwave and a small refrigerator. Furthermore, guests can also enjoy laundry facilities, complimentary parking, free WiFi and a 24-hour front desk – making it great value for money.
- Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront – Guests at this gorgeous hotel can enjoy the many facilities on offer. For instance, there is a 24-hour fitness centre, as well as a 24-hour onsite restaurant serving the finest foods and drinks. Additionally, each room comes with a flat-screen TV, desk, small refrigerator and private bathroom with free amenities. There is a shuttle available for guests to also make use of.
- Ramada by Wyndham Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Centre – This hotel is conveniently located just outside of Jacksonville but close to all the popular attractions. There is an on-site restaurant serving delicious food, as well as also a comedy club which is perfect for evening entertainment. Every room has free WiFi, a microwave and refrigerator, and a private bathroom with luxury amenities.
- La Quinta by Wyndham Jacksonville – Located just a 15-minute drive away from the beach, this hotel is one of the nicest places to stay in Jacksonville! There is a convenient on-site fitness centre, laundrette, meeting facilities, outdoor pool and on-site restaurant – making it a very good value for money.
- Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park – This hotel is one of the nicest places to stay in Jacksonville. There is a 55-inch flatscreen TV provided in each room, as well as a work desk, bottled water and free WiFi. Additionally, there is a stunning outdoor pool and on-site bar serving a vast variety of drinks and an a la carte restaurant for guests to dine in.
- Double Tree by Hilton Hotel – Conveniently located next to Jacksonville Airport, a stay at Double Tree by Hilton Hotel is a fantastic decision. Each room comes equipped with a desk, cable TV, refrigerator and seating – making it the perfect hotel to relax in. There is also a 24-hour fitness centre, meeting space and an on-site restaurant for guests to make use of.
- Marriott Jacksonville Downtown – A stay here is perfect if you want to be close to all f the major attractions. Every modern room has a coffee machine, free WiFi, an HD TV, a work desk, a private bathroom with luxury toiletries, and a seating area. There is also a complimentary fitness centre, gift shop, and concierge service for guests – meaning your stay will be effortless.
Jacksonville Florida- packing list
What are some essentials to pack when visiting Jacksonville Florida? Here is a list of the most essential items to pack to make your trip amazing (and to make the most of all of the best things to do in Jacksonville Florida!):
- Greater Than a Tourist: Florida – Although Jacksonville is an amazing place to visit, there are other parts of Florida that are also worth a visit. This brilliant book will tell you all the must-visit hidden spots in Florida, as well as some un-missable tips!
- Packing Cubes – These packing cubes are essential when visiting Jacksonville Florida, because of the amazing amount of shops that are there, meaning you’ll most likely buy some items to take home with you. These packing cubes will help fit everything you’ve bought into your luggage, as well as help to keep everything organised.
- SIS Go Electrolyte Tablets – Jacksonville has lots of amazing bars, and if you’re someone who likes to drink a lot, then these electrolyte tablets will be a lifesaver! They help with hangovers and help you with getting rehydrated faster – they’re also easy to carry with you, making them perfect for when you go out.
- REN Clean Screen Suncream – Even in the city, you should still wear sunscreen – and this REN Clean Screen Suncream is perfect for Jacksonville. It is sensitive skin friendly as it contains 99% natural ingredients; it is also mattifying and is designed to be worn under makeup.
- Portable Handheld Fan – It can get very hot and humid in Jacksonville, so don’t be caught out and take this amazing handheld fan with you. It is perfect for carrying around with you in case you want to sit outside in one of the many fabulous parks or in case there’s no air-con.
The best things to do in Jacksonville Florida
Lets take a deeper look into some of the very best things to do in Jacksonville Florida….
Fun things to do in Jacksonville Florida
What are the best things to do in Jacksonville Florida that are loads of fun? Jacksonville is full of fun things to do, so here are some of the best:
- 2-Flights Indoor Skydiving Experience – Test your nerves with this thrilling indoor skydiving experience. It’s one of the best things to do in Jacksonville Florida, because of how unique it is. You will be guided by professionals along the way to make sure you’re safe and having a good time – you’ll even get to take home a certificate to prove that you participated!
- Museum of Science & History – If you’re looking for something that’s fun yet educational, then the Museum of Science & History is a great choice! There are lots of interactive exhibitions for all to discover and learn about, and there’s even a planetarium which is the largest single-lense planetarium in the world. Often, the museum also puts on events, which are great fun too!
- Big Talbot Island State Park – This island is perfect if you want to have some fun hiking, boating, fishing, or even cycling – the possibilities are endless! It is a great way to spend a few hours if you want to experience nature and get away from the bustle of city life. There is plenty of different types of fun to be had here!
The best things to do in Jacksonville Florida for adults
Is there anything to do in Jacksonville Florida for adults? Jacksonville is perfect for almost every type of tourist – especially adults looking for a wide variety of things to do. Here are some of the best things to do in Jacksonville Florida:
- Jax Urban Core Brewery Tour in Jacksonville – Jacksonville has some of the best breweries in the entire USA! This tour includes transport in a Tuk Tuk to make the experience extra fun, as well as stops at five breweries in 3 hours to try some of the best beers. If beer isn’t your thing, there are also other drinks you can try, such as wines or cocktails.
- Leaderboard Arcade Bar – This bar offers the perfect mix of fabulous drinks and some of the most entertaining arcade games to play. There is a very friendly and upbeat atmosphere at this bar, meaning that your night out will be fun with whoever you plan to take with you.
- The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens – If you’re a lover of art and beautiful gardens, then a visit to this attraction is a must-do. Here, you can learn about all different types of art and even see some originals from famous artists such as Norman Rockwell and Andy Warhol. The gardens are stunning and very vivid due to all the plants and flowers that are there – making it a very relaxing and interesting place to visit.
The best things to do in Jacksonville Florida for kids
What are some things to do in Jacksonville Florida for kids? Here are some of the best things to do in Jacksonville Florida with kids:
- Flight Adventure Park – Kids will be sure to have the time of their life at Flight Adventure Park! There are lots of different attractions here for kids, such as a Ninja Warrior Course, arcade, dodge ball, air slam basketball and trampolines for them to enjoy. Parents are free to sit in the cafe to watch, but they are also free to join in on the fun too!
- American Beach Kid-Friendly Electric Skateboard & E-Scooter Tour – This is one of the best ways to explore Jacksonville if you have kids. This fun tour will have everyone zooming along the beach, and you’ll even get the chance to visit the largest sand dune in America. Photos and videos are taken along the way by your guide – and helmets are also included for protection.
- Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary – This is one of the best things to do in Jacksonville Florida, with kids, as there’s so much to learn about and do. Catty Shack Ranch mainly focuses on big cats such as tigers and jaguars, but there are also a few other animals to see here, such as horses and foxes. It is a non-profit organisation that focuses on providing a forever home for endangered big cats and educating the public on these amazing animals.
Romantic things to do in Jacksonville Florida
What are the best things to do in Jacksonville Florida that are romantic? Jacksonville is perfect for romantic things to do – here are the most must-do romantic activities:
- Half-day Downtown Jacksonville Tour – This is your very own private tour of Jacksonville to explore with your partner in a unique way, as you get to be guided in a Tuk Tuk! You’ll get to see all of the highlights of Jacksonville, as well as some lesser-known spots along the way. It’s perfect for date nights where you just want to relax but also see interesting things!
- One Ocean Resort and Spa – Relax and unwind for a few hours in this highly rated resort and spa. It’s perfect for a romantic day out as there are couples treatments that you can purchase to feel pampered together. There is also a high-quality restaurant serving healthy, fresh food to help you feel energised and revitalised.
- Theatre Jacksonville – There is so much on at Theatre Jacksonville that it’s highly likely to find something to suit what you’re in the mood for. Tickets for many of the performances can be bought at the door, making it great for a spontaneous date night. It’s one of the best things to do in Jacksonville if you want to do something romantic.
Things to do in Jacksonville Florida at night
What are some things to do in Jacksonville Florida at night? Here are some great things to do in Jacksonville in order for you to have a great night out:
- Escape Restaurant and Bar – Have hours of fun at Escape Restaurant and Bar as there is always some type of event or performer to keep you entertained. The food they serve is excellent and prepared by highly trained chefs and is a selection of food from around the world, so they will most likely have something to suit your appetite.
- Jax Cocktail OR Wine Tour – This is the perfect way to enjoy your night as you will be able to truly experience Jacksonville’s cocktail and wine scene firsthand. There are free pick-ups available, and your tour guide is very knowledgeable and certified, meaning you can just focus on enjoying the experience all night long.
- Hamburger Mary’s – If you want to do something a little bit more unique at night, then Hamburger Mary’s might be ideal for you! It is a great place to eat and drink, and almost every night, there are Drag Queen shows which offer lots of fun and laughs. There’s great music and an electric atmosphere to be enjoyed.
The best things to do in Jacksonville Florida – Conclusion
Overall, I hope that this post has helped you find out about all the best things to do in Jacksonville Florida! Is there anything I’ve missed? What are you looking forward to trying out the most? Let me know! If you’d like some further reading, then this is what I’d recommend:
- 250 Awesome Miami Instagram Captions + Miami Quotes
- 30 Fascinating Facts About Hawaii
- The 25 best vacation spots in California
- The 5 Best National Parks In Arizona + visiting guide
By the way- do you have any tips on the best things to do in Jacksonville Florida? If so, share your best things to do in Jacksonville Florida tips in the comments below!