(Last updated on: 13/12/2021)
Have you seen a lot of Cabin Crew apprenticeship vacancies advertised recently?
You’re not the only one! Virgin and British Airways have both recently launched their new Cabin Crew apprenticeship programmes, with many other airlines also starting to introduce them as part of their recruitment process.
What is an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are for anyone over the age of 16 and combine studying with paid work! You will take part in a combination of
Apprenticeships work by allowing you to work and study at the same time. You will be working towards
Government drive towards apprenticeships
The government is increasingly encouraging more people to take up apprenticeships. This is because of the many benefits that apprenticeships have. These include the breadth of skills gained from both education and work, improvement in employability and the benefits of having work experience and a
“Apprenticeships play a key role in making sure that people of all ages and backgrounds can
Benefits of doing an apprenticeship
There are many benefits of deciding to do an apprenticeship – which is one of the reasons the Government is trying to encourage as many people as possible to consider doing one as part of their chosen career path. These benefits include:
- You gain work experience in the career you’re hoping to pursue.
- You combine working with studying. This means you can earn money while also working towards a qualification.
- At the end of the apprenticeship, you will gain a
- Improved employability. Doing an apprenticeship will help boost your CV!
- You will be entitled to paid holidays! Apprentices are allowed 20 days paid holiday a year.
- Apprenticeships also give you the opportunity to gain contacts in the workplace.
- You learn everything you need to know about your chosen career in a varied way. Sometimes you will be in a
class roomand sometimes you will be involved with on the job training!
Why do a Cabin Crew apprenticeship?
Doing a Cabin Crew apprenticeship opens you up to similar benefits!
- You will gain experience working as Cabon Crew and will benefit from working alongside current Cabin Crew.
- By the end of your apprenticeship, you will have gained a Level 3 qualification.
- Doing a Cabin Crew apprenticeship will help boost your CV and job prospects for any other Cabin Crew jobs you may wish to apply for.
- You will receive
in depthtraining – both from studying and on the job training as Cabin Crew.
- Finally, when you have finished your apprenticeship you will join the airline as Cabin Crew!
Which airlines are currently offering a Cabin Crew apprenticeship?
Multiple airlines are now starting to offer apprenticeships! British Airways and Virgin have recently launched their new apprenticeship programmes. It is likely that many other airlines will start their own Cabin Crew apprenticeships soon, so keep a look out!
Cabin Crew apprenticeship programmes are very competitive so it’s essential that you stand out from the crowd! We offer a number of courses including our ‘Online Diploma in Becoming Cabin Crew’ and the ‘Assessment Day Mastery Course’ which will help you secure a place on a Cabin Crew
Have you ever done an apprenticeship? Or are you hoping to apply for a Cabin Crew apprenticeship? I’d love to hear from you!