Do you want to know which are the best beaches in Jacksonville Florida? Jacksonville Florida is best known for being the largest city in the State of Florida, and not many people are aware that Jacksonville Florida is home to some of the best beaches in Florida too! Therefore, if you’re interested in learning more about the best beaches in Jacksonville Florida, or if you’re planning which beaches to visit – then keep on reading to find out all about them.
- Tourism in Jacksonville
- Does Jacksonville Florida have nice beaches?
- What to pack when visiting the beaches in Jacksonville Florida
- Where to stay in Jacksonville Florida
- The best beaches in Jacksonville Florida
- The best beaches in Jacksonville Florida – Conclusion
Tourism in Jacksonville
Tourism in Jacksonville Florida is most popular for many reasons. There are lots of attractions that interest tourists, such as its breathtaking National Parks like Timucuan Ecological & Historic Preserve, which are perfect for those interested in nature tourism, and it’s also a top destination for music and art lovers.
Each year, Jacksonville Florida receives over 22 million day trippers and tourists who stay overnight and welcome both inbound and domestic tourists. It is a very accessible city to reach for all, as it has its own international airport – Jacksonville International Airport (JAX), which has around 82 departures each day!
Jacksonville Florida is also reachable by seaport and is currently home to America’s newest seaport. It welcomes lots of cruises each week and also has cruises which visit the Bahamas and Caribean from Jacksonville, meaning many tourists spend a lot of time there if they are planning to go on a cruise or if their cruise visits Jacksonville.
The weather in Jacksonville Florida is classified as a humid subtropical climate, which means that it has really hot and humid summers and warm winters – making it a great choice if you’d like to have a winter vacation to some of the best beaches in Jacksonville Florida! The warmest month is often July, where it reaches temperatures of around 82.5 °F (28.1 °C), and January is usually the coldest month, with temperatures of 54.2 °F (12.3 °C).
Does Jacksonville Florida have nice beaches?
Does Jacksonville Florida have nice beaches? Yes, the beaches in Jacksonville Florida are known to be some of the nicest beaches in the whole state of Florida. This is because Jacksonville Florida has been blessed with over 22 miles of gorgeous sandy coastline. The beaches at Jacksonville Florida are very clean, the water is usually warm, and there are plenty of different things to do on them, making them all worth a visit!
What to pack when visiting the beaches in Jacksonville Florida
What to pack when visiting the beaches in Jacksonville Florida? When visiting the best beaches in Jacksonville Florida, don’t forget to pack these essential items to help guarantee a great time:
- Fit-Flip Beach Towel – Have a relaxing day on the beach with this amazing beach towel. It is lightweight and durable, making it the ideal beach towel to pack with you for your vacation. Furthermore, it is also resistant to sand and dirt, so you won’t have to worry about it getting everywhere once you pack up. Additionally, it’s made from recycled materials, so is 100% environmentally friendly.
- Heliocare 360 Oil-Free Gel SPF 50 – Keep your skin safe with this fantastic gel sunscreen by Heliocare. It has a mattifying effect, meaning your skin won’t look greasy after using it, and this also makes it great for spot-prone skin as it won’t clog pores. It is even dermatological tested, so it’s extra good for your skin.
- Jacksonville: The Consolidation Story, from Civil Rights to The Jaguars – If you’re into history, and would like to get to know Jacksonville on a deeper level, then this thorough book is packed full of great information for you to know. It is all about how Jacksonville Florida has transformed throughout history. It is the perfect book to read whilst you’re relaxing on one of the best beaches in Jacksonville Florida!
- Waterproof Sandproof Beach Bag – Pack everything you’ll need for a day out at the best beaches in Jacksonville Florida, with this handy large beach bag! It is made out of high-quality material and is big enough for you to pack everything you could need for a beach day. The beach bag even comes in a wide range of colours and patterns, so there’s something to suit everyone’s style.
Where to stay in Jacksonville Florida
- Quality Inn & Suites Jacksonville – Offering spacious rooms complete with comfortable beds, a work desk, a coffee maker, a refrigerator and a microwave. Some rooms even have a separate living area that is complete with sofas. Every morning, a free breakfast is available for guests, and there is also free WiFi. The hotel even has its own fitness centre, outdoor pool and a hot tub. It’s great value for money!
- Emerson Inn Jacksonville – In each room, guests will find a flat-screen cable TV, a microwave, a refrigerator, a desk and an en-suite bathroom. There is free WiFi, and a free continental breakfast is available each morning for guests to eat. Additionally, there is free parking, a 24-hour front desk and even laundry facilities.
- Magnuson Hotel Jacksonville Downtown – Located only 12 miles from Jacksonville Port and just a few minute’s walk from some of the best beaches in Jacksonville Florida, this accommodation is perfect if you’d like to stay somewhere simple. Each room comes equipped with a work desk, cable TV, a private bathroom, a refrigerator and a microwave. There is also an outdoor swimming pool or guests to make use of.
- Ramada by Wyndham Jacksonville Conference Centre – Boasting spacious modern rooms, an on-site restaurant, and even an on-site comedy club, this hotel is a fantastic choice to stay. In every room, there is a flat-screen cable TV, a work desk, a seating area, and an en-suite bathroom with free toiletries. The hotel also has its own fitness centre, an outdoor pool and a free breakfast buffet served every morning.
- Aloft Jacksonville Airport – Situated just a few minutes away from Jacksonville International Airport, this is the ideal place to stay if you would like to have easy access to the centre of Jacksonville. Each room is beautifully decorated and comes with a comfortable bed, a refrigerator, a coffee maker and a work desk. The hotel also has its own gym, an outdoor pool, a bar and a restaurant, as well as a free 24-hour shuttle bus to the airport.
- Southbank Hotel by Marriott – Featuring a 42-inch flat-screen TV, a large work desk, a coffee machine, and an en-suite with free amenities, guests will definitely enjoy their stay at this hotel. The hotel itself offers an on-site restaurant and bar with a great selection of food and drinks, a fitness centre with state-of-the-art equipment, as well as a car rental and laundry service.
- Hyatt Place Jacksonville St. Johns Town Centre – Each room boasts beautiful modern furnishings, a terrace, a flat-screen TV, a desk, and a private bathroom with free luxury amenities. The hotel has an on-site restaurant and bar, an outdoor swimming pool, and a fitness centre. Each morning, guests are able to enjoy a tasty buffet breakfast.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jacksonville – This hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, a 24-hour fitness centre, a restaurant serving quality dishes, and meeting spaces. There is a flat-screen TV, a refrigerator, a work desk and an en-suite, which is complete with a bath and a shower. It is definitely worth staying in if you wish to treat yourself to luxury.
- Hyatt Regency Jacksonville – Perfectly located near to St. Johns River, this hotel is a fantastic place to stay in a gorgeous location. There is a flat-screen cable TV, a desk, a coffee machine, and a refrigerator in each room, as well as some featuring a river view. The hotel even has a 24 -hour fitness centre, a free shuttle, a rooftop pool, an on-site restaurant serving a wide choice of meals and free high-speed WiFi.
The best beaches in Jacksonville Florida
The best beaches in Jacksonville Florida for families
If you want to visit the best beaches in Jacksonville Florida for families, then check out these wonderful beaches:
Offering around 4 miles of stunning sand, Jacksonville Beach is one of the best beaches in Jacksonville Florida, for families and is also one of the most popular beaches there is at Jacksonville. There are plenty of fun things to do for the whole family at Jacksonville Beach, such as building sandcastles, parasailing, surfing and more. Additionally, the beach is also great for swimming as the water is fairly calm, and it is also lifeguarded most of the time. There are lots of parking nearby, as well as being accessible by the Jacksonville trolley system, as well as the bus system.
This beautiful beach is also one to the most historical beaches in Jacksonville Florida. It is believed to be one of the first year-round settlements by Native Americans, so it’s definitely worth having a read about if that interests you. The beach stretches out for miles and has stunning views of the wide Atlantic Ocean. Atlantic Beach also has plenty of activities to do, such as collecting seashells, handball, kayaking, and so many more. There are lots of reasonably priced, family-friendly restaurants to eat in and great shops nearby.
Fernandina Beach is one of the best beaches in Jacksonville Florida, for families for plenty of great reasons. There are plenty of watersports for almost everyone to take part in, as well as lots of things to do on the beach itself, like fly kites, play in the playground, have a game of mini golf and visit the shops. It’s also a fantastic beach to have a go at snorkelling at, as there are a few businesses that provide snorkelling tours and equipment.
The most beautiful beaches in Jacksonville Florida
Jacksonville Florida has some of the most beautiful beaches; here are the most beautiful beaches in Jacksonville Florida, that you must visit:
Ponte Vedra Beach
Boasting tall towering sand dunes which help conceal the beach and make it feel more private than the others, Ponte Vedra Beach is the ideal beach to sit on and relax whilst listening to the ocean crash in the distance. The sand is perfect for children who’d like to build sandcastles on them or if you’d prefer to be active and play some volleyball instead. Ponte Vedra Beach is also located in close proximity to golf courses, upscale shops and has some great restaurants nearby to dine in.
Neptune Beach is a gorgeous beach located just 25 minutes away from the centre of Jacksonville. It is over one mile long and blessed with gorgeous white fluffy sand. It’s one of the best beaches to watch sunsets and sunrises from, so make sure you visit during these hours in order to see the sky filled with beautiful colours. This beach is also often very quiet, which makes it one of the best beaches in Jacksonville Florida if you want to escape the hustle and bustle of busy city life.
Mickler’s Landing Beachfront Park
Apart from being one of the most beautiful beaches in Jacksonville Florida, Mickler’s Landing Beachfront Park has so much to offer for all, especially families! The beach is long and full of olden sand that glistens against the sunlight. Furthermore, it is sprinkled full of seashells that have been washed up on the shore. There are lots of amenities available at the beach which don’t spoil the overall ambience, such as grills, showers and even a Pavillion.
The most accessible beaches in Jacksonville Florida
If you’d like to visit the most accessible beaches in Jacksonville Florida, these are the ones that I would recommend the most:
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
Over 450 acres big, this park is one of the best beaches in Jacksonville Florida, for being accessible. It is easily reachable by car or by the bus system that covers Jacksonville, and it is located about 25 minutes from the centre of Jacksonville. There are lots of water sports to participate in, as well as a splash park and a campsite. The beach at Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park park is the perfect spot for surfing, as the waves are a perfect size!
Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Estuarine Research Reserve
Whilst the beach at this reserve isn’t the biggest, it is very accessible for most people. It was founded in 1999 and covers more than 73000 acres. It has plenty of parking, and there are also lots of bus routes that you can take in order to reach the reserve. Additionally, there are lots of fun things to do, such as go biking, hiking and kayaking. There are lots of amenities nearby, and even an Environmental Education Centre with a lot to learn about.
Huguenot Memorial Park
Huguenot Memorial Park is one of the most accessible beaches in Jacksonville Florida. It’s very family-friendly, and there are plenty of things to be enjoyed at the park. It is very easy to reach and has plenty of parking available. Furthermore, there is also a playground, walking trails and even a campsite if you wish to pitch a tent or if you’re travelling by campervan. It’s a great beach for swimming at also, as the water is very gentle and it also has lifeguards manning it most of the time.
The most unique beaches in Jacksonville Florida
What are the most unique beaches in Jacksonville Florida? If you’re in the mood for something different, then these beaches are worth a visit:
Mayport Naval Station Beach
If you’re looking for unique beaches to visit in Jacksonville Florida, then Mayport Naval Station Beach is one of the most unique beaches that there is. It is one of the most unknown beaches in Jacksonville Florida, making it a very quiet, secluded and relaxing spot to visit, which means it’s likely that you’ll have it to yourself. This beach is perfect for visiting if you’re interested in the navy, and you can often see the naval vessels nearby.
Fort Clinch State Park
This state park is around 1100 acres big, and it has so much to do for everyone. Nearby, there is the Fort Clinch Museum which is all about the history of the state park, which opened in 1905. It’s a great beach to visit for bird lovers, as there’s a section called the ‘Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail’ where visitors will be able to spot an array of different bird species, such as Great Girbed Owls and Storks. Additionally, there is even the chance to spot wild horses galloping around the beaches, which is a great site to see for everyone.
Little Talbot State Park
Little Talbot State Park is a piece of paradise out of all the beaches in Jacksonville Florida. It has over 5 miles of beautiful white sand, and crashing waves. It’s a perfect beach for wildlife lovers to visit, as there are plenty of different wildlife to spot, such as river otters and rabbits! There are plenty of things to do around the park, such as various hiking routes or places to cycle. Additionally, there are changing rooms, a few benches and some grills to use also.
The best beaches in Jacksonville Florida – Conclusion
Hopefully, after reading this post you’ve been inspired to go out and discover some of the best beaches in Jacksonville Florida! Which of the best beaches in Jacksonville Florida would you recommend if you’ve visited them before? Are there any beaches in Jacksonville Florida, that you think deserve to be on this list? Let me know by commenting down below! If you’d like some further reading, then feel free to check out these other posts:
- 16 best beaches in the Florida Keys
- 15 Best things to do in Florida Miami
- 55 Fascinating Facts About Florida