What are the best things to do in Maryland Ocean City?
Maryland Ocean City is an Atlantic Resort City located in Maryland Worcester County. There are plenty of great things to do there for everyone of all ages to enjoy, and it’s a great place if you’re looking to have a vacation for a few days! Therefore, if you’re thinking of visiting Maryland Ocean City, read on to find out all about the best things to do in Maryland Ocean City.
- Tourism in Maryland Ocean City
- What is Maryland Ocean City known for?
- The best places to stay in Maryland Ocean City
- Maryland Ocean City- essential packing list
- The best things to do in Maryland Ocean City
- Things to do in Maryland Ocean City – Conclusion
Tourism in Maryland Ocean City
Tourism in Maryland Ocean City is very popular, mainly with domestic tourists, for a plethora of reasons! Firstly, it is very accessible due to it being located on the East Coast and having plenty of transport options available. The Maryland Route 528, also known as the Coastal Highway, runs all the way through, which makes it a great destination if you’re road-tripping America or just prefer to drive. Greyhound Lines also have a lot of routes and stops that connect Maryland Ocean City to other destinations in the USA.
Maryland Ocean City also has an airport called Ocean City Municipal Airport. The airport is located around 3 miles outside of downtown Maryland Ocean City and is for general aviation and charter aircraft for domestic flights.
Tourism in Maryland Ocean City is also very popular due to everything it has to offer. For instance, one of the main tourist attractions in Maryland Ocean City is The Ocean City Boardwalk, which is home to a variety of food, shops, arcades and amusement rides. The Ocean City Boardwalk has received a lot of recognition for many different reasons from lots of media outlets, such as being consistently rated as one of the ‘Best Boardwalks for Food’ in USA Today and was titled one of the ‘Top Ten Boardwalks to Visit in the US’ by National Geographic.
The entire population of Maryland Ocean City during the 2020 U.S. census was 6,844 in total; however, during the summer months, Maryland Ocean City receives around a whopping 320,000 and 345,000 vacationers and up to 8 million tourists each year.
What is Maryland Ocean City known for?
What is Maryland Ocean City known for? Maryland Ocean City is best known for its stunning sandy beaches that hold many different events on them, especially during the summer months. There are lots of things to do on the beaches of Maryland Ocean City, such as walking along its infamous Ocean City Boardwalk, swimming in the waters or simply just sitting and relaxing. There are over 10 miles of beaches to be explored in total.
The best places to stay in Maryland Ocean City
There are plenty of great places to stay in Maryland Ocean City, here are ,my recommendations:
- The Spinnaker – Situated just a few minutes’ walk from The Ocean City Boardwalk, this hotel is a great place to stay if you’d like to be close to all of the action! There is a heated outdoor pool, free WiFi and an on-site cafe. In each room, there is a private balcony to enjoy the views, a fully equipped kitchen, two beds and a saying area, making it great value for money.
- Holiday Inn Ocean City – Offering a private balcony in each room, free WiFi, a fully equipped kitchen and even a sofa bed in each room, a stay at Holiday Inn Ocean City is great if you’re on a budget! There are also 2 swimming pools, an on-site tennis court, a hot tub and even a fitness centre. Additionally, there is an on-site restaurant serving authentic Italian cuisine at great prices.
- Princess Bayside Beach Hotel – Located right next to the beach, this hotel boasts beautifully decorated rooms for all guests. The rooms include a cable TV, microwave and refrigerator, a comfortable bed, and some rooms even have a balcony with a beach view. The hotel also has its own private beach area, a poolside bar, on-site dining and its own water sports facility.
- Aloft Ocean City – Perfectly situated just 450 yards from the beach, this accommodation has so much to offer. There are free bikes for guests to make use of, free private parking, a bar and entertainment every evening. Each room comes with free WiFi, a desk, a flat-screen cable TV, and a continental breakfast is available each morning.
- Howard Johnson Plaza by Wyndham – Boasting a large indoor pool, a relaxing hot tub, free parking and bicycle rentals for all guests, a stay here will be amazing. There is a flat-screen TV in each room, along with a microwave and refrigerator. Additionally, some rooms also have stunning views of the ocean, which looks amazing during the sunset.
- Residence Inn by Marriott – Featuring a flat-screen TV, an iPod docking station, a kitchenette, a private bathroom with free amenities and a coffee machine in each room, a stay here is perfect when visiting Maryland Ocean City. What’s more is that the hotel is located close to all of the major attractions, such as being only 3.1 miles from Ocean City Boardwalk and the Ocean City Harbour.
- Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort – Set in a gorgeous location right next to the ocean, this hotel is perfect if you’re looking to splash out and treat yourself. Every room features a balcony, flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, an en-suite with luxury amenities and a work desk. Additionally, the hotel has several on-site restaurants, an Olympic-sized swimming pool, a coffee shop and a gift shop.
- Park Place Hotel – This stunning hotel has lots to offer to its guests. There are free bicycles for guests to use, an outdoor swimming pool, a bar and an on-site restaurant. In each room, there is air-con, a comfortable seating area, flat-screen TV, an en-suite with luxury toiletries and a balcony with stunning views.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Ocean City – A stay at this hotel will have you never wanting to leave. On offer, there is a beautiful indoor pool with a poolside bar as well as two outdoor pools, free WiFi, an on-site restaurant serving an a la carte breakfast each morning, a cafe, a fitness centre and room service. Each room is equipped with an HD TV, a kitchen with everything you may need, a seating area and a balcony with great views.
Maryland Ocean City- essential packing list
If you’re visiting Maryland Ocean City, then don’t forget to pack these essential items:
- Normandia Microfibre Beach Towel – This microfibre beach towel is ideal for when relaxing on Maryland Ocean City’s each. It has a range of different colours and patterns to choose from and even comes with its own bag to help make carrying it around so much easier. It is very lightweight and made out of high-quality material to help ensure that it will last, and due to it being microfibre, this means that it is also sand repellent.
- L’Orealvichy Facial SPF 50 Sun Cream – Keep your skin safe and looking healthy with this amazing facial sun cream, which is ideal for use during a day on the beach at Maryland Ocean City. It is water-resistant and is great for those with normal or sensitive skin. Additionally, it’s also made from high-quality ingredients, such as volcanic water, to help hydrate your skin further.
- Sunnyfeel Folding Beach Chair – If you’re driving to Maryland Ocean City, then this folding beach chair will be ideal for you to relax with The beach chair is extremely comfortable and comes with 5 different reclining positions and a headrest. Additionally, there is also a drinks holder in each arm.
- Large Cooler Bag 33L – If you’re planning a day on the beach, this large cooler bag will be great for keeping your drinks and food cool all day. It is leakproof and waterproof, meaning that you don’t have to worry about any of your belongings getting wet accidentally, and is also made from good materials to ensure that it lasts you a long time.
The best things to do in Maryland Ocean City
Things to do in Maryland Ocean City for adults
If you’re looking for some of the best things to do in Maryland Ocean City for adults, be sure to check out these great activities:
- Single Kayak Rental in Ocean City – Renting a kayak is a great way to spend a few hours exploring Maryland Ocean City whilst soaking in the sun. There are plenty of different places to kayak, and it’s a great activity to do if you want some peace and quiet away from the busier locations. It’s a fun thing to do for all, no matter your kayaking ability.
- Ocean City Happy Hour Boat Tour – This happy hour boat tour is perfect if you’re in the mood for partying and love to try different drinks. Your captain will show you all of the best sites from a unique perspective, and you’re free to relax and unwind onboard fully. All drinks are included, and you can even bring your own if you wish.
- Ocean City Foodie Tour – On OC Bay Hopper – If you’re a food lover, then this Ocean City Foodie Tour is perfect for you. On this tour, you will discover all of the best places to eat in Ocean City, and you’ll even get the chance to try some of the delicious food being served. There are so many great restaurants and food to be tried on this tour, so what are you waiting for?!
Things to do in Maryland Ocean City with kids
What are some things to do in Maryland Ocean City with kids? If you’re visiting Maryland Ocean City with kids, then check out these things to do that they will love:
- Banana Boat Ride in Ocean City – There’s not much else that’s as fun as a Banana Boat ride at the beach! Therefore, kids are sure to enjoy this super enjoyable Banana Boat ride at the beach, where they can bounce above the waves. It’s very safe, and life jackets are required for all to help ensure that everyone has a great time.
- Outstanding Ocean City Scavenger Hunt – This Ocean City scavenger hunt is a great way to explore Ocean City. Kids will travel around the entire city, visiting some of the best sites and learning about them along the way. Additionally, there are some fantastic prizes to be won, which makes it even more fun for all!
- Trimper Rides – This amusement park is one of the best things to do in Maryland Ocean City with kids! There are plenty of different types of rides to be enjoyed, and it is very reasonably priced, making it great if you’re on a budget or travelling with a lot of kids. Trimper Rides is a great way to spend a whole day out or even just a few hours if you feel like it.
Things to do in Maryland Ocean City for couples
Is there anything to do in Maryland Ocean City for couples? Here are the best things to do in Maryland Ocean City for couples:
- Hire Photographer, Professional Photo Shoot – Keep your memories of Maryland Ocean City forever, thanks to this professional photoshoot package. Maryland Ocean City is a very photogenic city, and you’ll love how the photos of you and your significant other will turn out. The photographer is local, so they will know all of the best locations and is very friendly to help make you feel more relaxed.
- FlyOCNJ Parasailing – Enjoy the thrill of soaring high up in the sky over the ocean with your partner whilst you both take in the beautiful views that Maryland Ocean City has to offer. You will both be able to fly at the same time and will reach heights of up to 500 metres high in the sky. Additionally, you can even add a photo package in order to keep your memories of having fun for a lifetime.
- Beachy Tiki Tour Boat – This Tiki Tour Boat is ideal if you and your partner want a relaxing few hours spent at sea, listening to great music and sipping on some tasty drinks. The tour is a great way to spend the evening seeing Maryland Ocean City from a different perspective, and the crew onboard are very friendly and happy to help out with anything.
Things to do in Maryland Ocean City when it rains
What are some things to do in Maryland Ocean City when it rains? If it’s raining and you want to do something in Maryland Ocean City, then have a look at these fantastic rainy-day activities:
- Glazed Over Ocean City – Spend a rainy day being creative and gaining your own pottery decorations at Glazed Over Ocean City. It’s a very calming activity that is perfect if you want to let out your creative side. There are lots of different things you can choose to paint, such as mugs, plates, money banks, and ornaments. It’s one of the best things to do in Maryland Ocean City when it rains for everyone of all ages.
- Old Pro Golf – Mini golf is always a fun thing for all to enjoy, especially when it rains. Old Pro Golf has plenty of different themed courses you can choose from, such as the Under Sea Adventure or the Safari Village. Almost all of the courses are located inside, and it is very reasonably priced, which makes it a great activity if you want to make the most of a rainy day doing something active.
- Ocean City Life-Saving Station Museum– The Ocean City Life-Saving Station Museum is a very interesting museum dedicated to Maryland Ocean City’s lifeboat history. There are plenty of fascinating exhibitions to learn about, such as one all about ocean life with the opportunity to even feed some of the sea creatures. Additionally, admission is very cheap, at only $5 for adults and $3 for children and seniors.
Things to do in Maryland Ocean City with a dog
If you have a dog, then these are some of the best things to do in Maryland Ocean City with a dog:
- Homer Gudelsky Park – This park is the perfect park to visit if you have a dog, as it is open to dogs all year round. Here you will be able to meet other dog owners, and your dog will be able to play with other dogs in the open space. It also has a sandy beach to be enjoyed, meaning that you can take your dog swimming in the sea and spend hours playing and relaxing together.
- The Dog Playground – Your dog will have the time of its life at The Dog Playground. They will be able to cool down in a mini pool, run through tunnels and hop through hoops in a secure environment for them. There are also plenty of benches for humans to sit and chill on if you wish just to let your dog play too. It’s the only area in Maryland Ocean City where dogs are able to be let off the lead, making it a must-visit if you’re a dog owner!
- Northside Park – At Northside Park, dog owners and their dogs are free to explore and take in the views. There is plenty of open space and greenery to be seen, as well as other things to do, such as fishing, baseball and soccer. It’s one of the nicest parks in the whole of Maryland Ocean City, so it is defiantly worth a visit if you have a dog.
Unusual things to do in Maryland Ocean City
What are some unusual things to do in Maryland Ocean City? If you want to do something more unusual during your visit to Maryland Ocean City, then have a look at these:
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not – If you’re intrigued by the weird and wonderful, then the Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Museum is certainly for you! At the museum, you will get to see and learn about many different weird things on display and will even get the chance to take some fantastic photos with the photo props on display. It’s one of the best unusual things to do in Maryland Ocean City for everyone of all ages.
- Frontier Town – This is one of the best things to do in Maryland Ocean City if you’re in the mood for doing a whole lot of different activities. You can pan for gold, watch shoot-out stimulations, ride ponies, zip line and much more. The whole attraction is based on the wild west, which makes it great fun, especially if you have children who are interested in those times!
Things to do in Maryland Ocean City – Conclusion
After reading all about the best things to do in Maryland Ocean City, you’ve hopefully been inspired to go out and do some of them! Have you ever done some of these best things to do in Maryland Ocean City before? Have I missed some of the best things to do in Maryland Ocean City that you believe deserve to be on this list? Let me know by commenting down below! If you’d like some further reading, make sure you have a look at these similar posts: